It is clear that children with autism benefit from intensive, early intervention that focuses on increasing the frequency, form, and function of communicative acts. According to a study from Yale University, communication deficits are one of the core symptoms of ASD. all human actions were behavior-based, including language and language acquisition.
BF Skinner broke language down into five behavioral operants:
- Mand – A motivating operation, such as a directly stated demand (“I want milk!”) resulting in immediate reinforcement.
- Tact – An observation or description of the environment.
- Intraverbal – Responses to prompts (tacts or mands, typically) offered by other people.
- Echoic – Repetition of the verbal behavior of other people.
- Autoclitic – A modification of one of the other forms, such as saying “I think I want milk.”
|One-On-One ABA Therapy||Monday to Friday||7.5 hrs/week|
|School Readiness Group||Tuesday and Thursday||3 hours/week|
|Swimming Coaching||Tuesday and Thursday||1 hour/week|
|Sports and Yoga Group||Saturday||45 minutes/week|
|Social Skills Group||Saturday||1 hour/week|
|Early Intervention||Monday to Friday||7.5 hrs/week|
|ABA Clinical Sessions||Monday to Friday||5 hrs/week|